About Submitting Work
Getting Something Read is a small publishing site dedicated to short works. We publish short poems, or haibun style short prose. We may also publish short plays or monologues.
We accept original unpublished works. We will accept previously published work, if the author is the copyright holder and the previous publisher is cited. Before submitting your work, please review this page, our Copyright Information page and What We’re Not.
We accept submissions from January through May and again from September through November. We do not accept submissions June through August or in December.
What to submit:
Submissions should be limited to: 4 poems of 12 lines or less, or 2 poems of 24 lines or less or 2 works of prose of 750 words or less.
Any of the following are acceptable for submitting work:
- Click here, and complete the form.
- Email: Please include your full name and mailing address. Attachments are OK. Attached documents must also include your full name, mailing address and an email address. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
- Mailed submissions may be sent to: All Bert Productions, PO Box 776, Bloomville, NY 13739. Include your full name, mailing address and an email address where we can reach you. Mailed submissions will not be returned.
None of the following are acceptable:
- Sending attached pdf files. Not all pdf files are created equally.
- Placing your name, addresses or email address in the header or footer of you document. All documents are converted to plain text upon receipt. Header and footer information will be lost. If we accept work for publication we do refer to the original to retrieve any formatting that may have been lost by converting to plain test.
- This is a non-commercial website.
- We do not charge nor do we pay for submissions.
- We do not publish what we do not like.
- We will not publish submissions we find offensive or needlessly inflammatory.
- We will delete inappropriate, rude or offensive comments.
- We reserve to ourselves the right to determine what is inappropriate, rude, offensive or inflammatory and to block addresses that abuse our resources, authors or readers.